One of the most crucial and challenging tasks for adults is to assess and understand a child’s temperament and personality. The children are very much unpredictable, and their characters vary from each other. Moreover, their temperaments are not too apparent or well – defined which makes it more difficult to understand them.
Following are specific characteristics of children’s temperament and personality which would make it easy for adults to understand them:
- The level of activity: Children demonstrate a lot of physical activities, restlessness, motions, etc. which are included in their daily activities routine.
- Approaching and withdrawing: There are different ways in which children respond to various people, places, food, situations, etc.
- Adaptation: There are multiple degrees of easiness or difficulties in which children try to adjust to any change or new position.
- Energy intensity: The level of energy with which children respond to a particular case which might be either positive or negative.
- Mood: Children’s words and behavior reveal a lot about their spirit which might be either positive or negative. Their attitude might also be unfriendly or unpleasant too.
- Level of concentration: There is a difference in the ability of children to pay attention or concentrate on a particular task with or without any distraction.
- Distraction: There is a difference in the various ways in which children can be distracted from a specific task or activity by anything.
- Sensory response: There is an absolute difference between how children respond to certain situations. While some of them return immediately, others take a little time to answer.
So, these are the characteristics of a child’s temperament and personality which is very much necessary for the adults to understand them. This is because these temperaments influence the behavior of children in the long run. If the adults have the perfect knowledge about the behavior patterns of their children, then it would become more comfortable for them to handle their behavior on time.