Your kids’ fitness should be treated as yours. Their overall wellbeing determines the quality of their lives. They must be fit and healthy to make them resilient against viruses, bacteria, and germs. Especially today, with the growing numbers of people catching the coronavirus. Their immune system can get a significant boost with the right exercises and home gym equipment. We will cover the ideal exercise equipment and fitness accessories to improve your kids’ fitness progress. We’ll outline each’s definition, as well as their purposes and the benefits they offer. What we hope to achieve in this article is to provide enlightenment to all parents about the right approach to enhance your kids’ fitness development.
To learn more about where to shop for the finest home gym equipment, please click on this link.
Home Gym Equipment for Kids
There’s not much difference when it comes to the exercise machines that you and your kids can use. However, it would be best to be mindful of the training pace that your kids will undergo. For resistance training, heavier weight loads should be under moderation, or not used at all. On the other and, cardio machines should always be on slow to middle speed. The reason behind this line of thinking is to prevent your kids from developing exercise fatigue and prevent them from over-exhaustion. The efficiency of your kid’s fitness progress lies in the right pacing and technique. Remember that you’re letting them train to boost their overall fitness, not to have them compete in bodybuilding competitions. Another advantage is that you’ll instil self-discipline to your kids early.
Kid-Friendly Exercise Home Gym Equipment
- Trampolines: Trampolines are the best tools for your kid’s fitness because they can simultaneously incorporate fun and training. They can bounce as much as they want without the feeling of exercising at all. Trampolines are efficient, highly durable, and safe. It usually comes with an enclosure to keep your kids from falling off. There’s also the mini-trampoline that you can use indoors, especially if you’ve set up a home workout area. It’s considered one of the most important home gym equipment by fitness buffs worldwide.
- Treadmills: Treadmills are ideal for people of all ages. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional athlete, treadmills provide an excellent workout. The two types of treadmills are manual and motorised. The key difference between the two is the power source. The manual runs with the user’s effort, and the motorised is powered by electricity. They’re kid-friendly too.
- Exercise Bikes: Exercise bike provide low-impact training with high benefits. Your kids will enjoy cycling with stationary bikes because they mimic the regular track bike experience. You can have your kids try the recumbent bike – ideal for spine alignment, the upright bike – perfect for core development, and last but not least, the spin bike – great for an overall workout experience.
- Elliptical Trainers: Ellipticals are great for your kid’s fitness because they can work on their lower body without accumulating too much muscle stress. Like all the other exercise machines mentioned above, ellipticals are also kid-friendly. You can also let your kids try the elliptical cross-trainer so they can work on both their arm and leg muscles.
- Free-Weights: Dumbbells, kettlebells, and hand weights are ideal for your kids. We don’t recommend barbells at this point because the weight might be too much for them. And besides, lightweights can help them develop toned muscles instead of buff. Free-weights come in many shapes and sizes. Be sure to pick the right weight for your kid to enhance the effectivity.
- Resistance Bands: Resistance bands are perfect for aerobic exercises for kids. It can be used as a stand-alone tool, or it can be incorporated into other exercise techniques. The best features of resistance bands are that they are inexpensive, durable, and highly versatile.
Kids’ Fitness Watch
Monitoring your child’s fitness progress is an integral aspect of your kid’s fitness development. As parents, we are not always with our kids because of work and other important chores. So, buying a fitness accessory that you can rely on to monitor their health helps a lot. Here are the benefits of having them wear a fitness tracker:
- Provides reminders to encourage their training
- Records their real-time heart rate before and after their training
- Keeps track of their steps
- They can use the stopwatch feature
- They can connect to WIFI ready devices
- They are rewarded with achievement badges
- They can join online groups for kids
- They can transfer music
- They can enjoy the modern design perfect for their age
Tips to Save Battery Consumption
- Charge fully
- Disable unused apps and features
- Minimise the backlight
- Adjust the notification alar volume to middle range
- Disconnect from WIFI after use
- Change the battery when necessary
- Do not expose to water in prolonged periods
Yoga and Pilates for Kids
Yoga and Pilates practices can also improve your kids’ fitness dramatically. It teaches them to calm their minds and focus on concentration at an early age. Here are the recommended Yoga and Pilates equipment for kids.
- The Yoga Mat
- The Yoga Foam
- The Yoga Straps
- The Yoga Ball
- The Pilates Mat
- The Wunda Chair
- The Pilates Barrel
- The Pilates Reformer
You may have noticed that the home gym equipment we featured is also ideal for adults, not just kids’ fitness. The reason is that these machines are low-impact and do not cause too much muscle and joint strain for your kids. However, it’s still best to consult a pediatrician first before you allow or enrol your kids to physical activities that use these pieces of home gym equipment. We hope that we could shed a better light about the significance of your kid’s fitness progress in this article.